Grape seed oil (also called grape oil) is pressed from the seeds of grapes, and is thus an abundant by-product in wine making. It is however, a preferred cosmetic ingredient and is found in many skincare creams that you use today.
Here are just a few of the benefits that it possesses:
1. Treat Acne: For women with acne-prone skin, grape-seed oil is one of the best picks because of its antioxidant qualities. It naturally contains linoleic acid, which has healing and anti-inflammatory properties. It's quickly absorbed into the skin and delivers antioxidants deep into the cell tissue. This oil can also aid in the healing process of minor abrasions or pimples.
2. Tighten Skin: Grape seed is mildly astringent in nature and helps to tighten and tone skin and is rich in oligomeric proanthocyanidins. These flavonoids remove free radicals and promote the restoration of collagen at the cellular level, making your skin feel more firm and plump.
3. Relieve Dark Circles under Eyes: Dark circles are a problem for many adults, and sometimes children have the issue as well. Most products that claim to help actually have harsh chemicals. Grape seed oil, applied daily for a few weeks, can relieve the dark circles naturally.
4. Moisturize: Grape seed oil contains linoleic acid which helps form a protective barrier on the skin. This very light oil can be used by those with even sensitive skin, and works as an excellent moisturizer that won’t clog pores.
5. Fight Aging: Grape seed oil is full of antioxidant properties that are excellent for slowing down the skin aging process. Fine lines and wrinkles can be alleviated with a daily dose of grape seed oil on the skin. The elasticity of the skin can be improved, thus making the lines of an aging face less pronounced.
Quick overview: Grape seed oil is rich in vitamins, minerals and causes no skin irritation. It can regulate oily skin, stimulates collagen production, moisturize and contains tons of antioxidants which can help slow the process of skin aging.
Did you know 3 of our Epice products contain this oil? Checkout our Epicell Recovery Serum, Rejuvenating Night Cream and Smoothing Eye Cream, and start seeing the wonderful benefits yourself.